March 29, 2012

Betty Draper Pink

I am a huge Mad Men fan. I love the fashion, the women, the men (hmmmm when they were still to be called gentlemen), the story... It's just my kind of show. Watching the first episodes of the fifth season reminded me I am always so intrigued by the women when they are smoking.
Why? Because of their beautiful cigarette holders and the even more amazing nails with which they open them. Just so graceful and elegant... it almost makes me want to smoke and look like that... (don't worry; I won't.) Betty Draper is one of my favourites from the show, and occasionally she wears a certain shade of pink nailpolish I've wanted for myself ever since I first laid eyes on it. The shade is not too pink, with a touch of coral... and contains no metallic what so ever. Turns out; not that easy! I had been looking for quite some time now. Very frustrating when you really réally want something that would seem to be so easy to find haha.
But today, I finally found that exact shade of pink at the Kruidvat (Catrice)! The shade is called 'Meet Me At Coral Island' and it just makes my hands look so pretty. I feel like a Mad Woman now.... if only I smoked.... no I wouldn't want that. Maybe I'll have a nice fancy cocktail instead *yummm*

7 comments:

  1. oh i love mad men too, especially the dresses let me speechless! this nailpolish is fabulous and i think it´s way better to have a fancy cocktail than smoke;)
    love and kiss,mary
    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that color! I'm having the same problem with pink lipsticks, all the ones I pick out have just a teeny bit of metallic dust in them, and looks frosted :/ To the MAC counter soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes don't even get me started on lipsticks! I do think Chanel might have a new shade of pink which is adorable if you can handle te colour, won't suit me though... red or nothing :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah I've never worn pink before, but need something fresh, been wearing red non stop for years! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try it out! Loved the Chanel red I'm *sob* running out of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some weird reason some of your messages end up in my spam box, so I just found this one. Very curious how the Chanel pink lipstick trial turned out!

      Delete
  4. hehe die nagellak heb ik ook! en ja mad men, geweldig toch, ik heb vandaag in mijn vintageshop het meest geweldige bloemen-jaren 50 jurkje gevonden, net alsof ik uit de mad men scene kom uitgelopen :D waren alle jurkjes nog maar zoals toen !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also try Orly's Two Hour Lunch. It's perfect for a Draper look.

    ReplyDelete

... it makes my day!